The project management approach chosen guarantees transparency and commitment to all engaged partners and thus facilitates an unobstructed and successful project evolution. The management structure has two main components:
- The responsibility for the project as a whole, including any significant changes in the work plan, lies within the General Assembly (GA);
- The operational management is carried out by the Management Support Team (MST), whose permanent members are the Project Coordinator and the WP Leaders.
Here below the details of the management structure, the composition and the responsibilities of the different bodies;
General Assembly (GA) is the ultimate decision-making body of the consortium and responsible for any changes needed to the work plan. The GA shall be in charge of project conformance to the EC Contract and in particular:
- Review, quality check and approve of project deliverables and, more in general, of all public outputs generated by the project;
- Act as the final level of escalation, should serious conflicts arise during the project.
Management Support Team (MST) is the supervisory body for the execution of the Project. The MST is both accountable to and reports to the GA. It is chaired by the Project Coordinator. The other permanent members are the WP Leaders. The MST shall be in charge of project progress and in particular:
- The proper execution and implementation of the decisions taken by the GA;
- Developing and maintaining a communication and reporting line within the GA and towards the Coordinator;
- Creation of efficient team structures to minimise the number of meetings, while being flexible.
In addition, the following role is identified:
The Work Package Leader (WPL) manages the team assigned to the WP and is responsible for its successful and timely completion.